Committed Towards Your Safety..
We pride ourselves on providing a quality service. Where possible our work is undertaken to the British Standards (BS) levels. We offer a professional service that starts with a written no obligation quotation. All our work is insurance backed for your peace of mind. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any queries.
We pride ourselves on working to the highest standards of quality and reliability.
Warranty provided by NICEIC Domestic Installers…
As of the 1st April 2006 we provide, through NICEIC Insurance Services, a warranty backed insurance with all domestic installations. This insurance lasts for 6 years, and covers up to the value of £25,000.00 for domestic work carried out under Part P of the Building Regulations.
Building Act 1984 revisions effective from 2005…
From 1st January 2005 new revisions of the Building Act 1984 come into effect. The changes focus on the “electrical safety in dwellings”.
All domestic electrical installations (such as installation of a new circuit, any electrical work in the kitchen or bathroom or outside of the property, gardens, garages or outbuildings) are subject to approval by the Local Authority Building Control except in the case of electricians who work for a company that is a member is a member of a Competent Person’s scheme. NICEIC domestic installers are included in the definition of ‘competent person’.
We are committed towards working safely, and all of our electricians are apprenticeship trained, and fully qualified. We hold a Contractors Health & Safety (CHAS) accreditation.
- The Law demands that employers ensure that portable appliances are safe. Testing must be carried out in all working environments and faults immediately reported and rectified.
- Appliances that are brought to work by employees (for example: Laptop computers, mobile phone chargers, kettles) also require testing as if they were the property of the business.
To comply with the Health & Safety & Electricity at Work Regulations requirements for safe use of portable appliances used by staff and/or general public, the following must be completed:
- A record of all tests visual and instrument should be carried out on a regular basis subject to the environment in which the appliances are used.
- A maximum test period should be no more than 12 months
Portable appliances include:
- IT portable equipment, kettles, photocopiers, fridges, televisions, musical instruments, extension leads, all types of electrical tools, heaters and others.
Portable Appliance Testing…
- Included in the cost per item are bar coded pass/fail labels.
- Fully itemised certificates for your records • Fully itemised asset list for tested appliances.
- All electrical installations should be tested for conformity to BS7671 Standards after a fixed period of time dependent on use and environment as to frequency Fire Alarm/Emergency Lighting Inspections.
- Testing and Certification to required standards.
- Testing for local authority requirements Eden Environmental Electrical Services carry out most jobs of electrical work – no jobs are too small or too large. We care about our customers and the work undertake.
For larger sites a viewer floppy discs can be supplied (Extra Cost) Advice & Written Reports Compiled for:
- Local Authorities licensing requirements.
- Insurance Companies.
- Health & Social Service Authorities requirements.
- Independent surveys and visual inspections to premises.
- Landlords Reports & Certification Electrical Fixed Wiring Inspections.
- Health & Safety & EAW Regulations.
Specialist Restoration Services have vast experience in all aspects of Domestic installation. We carry out all types of electrical installations, maintenance and repairs.
It is essential that home wiring is safe. As with any other material, electrical cables have a lifespan.
Rewiring includes the installation of new circuit breakers complete with all new cabling and electrical accessories throughout, and the removal of old redundant wiring and accessories. The installations incorporate all up to date safety earth bonding to current standards.
We rewire homes, offices and other public and private buildings. Contact us for more information about cost on rewiring homes.
Often the most efficient and effective way to heat your property is with an electrical storage heater. Unlike electrical fires, storage heaters use Economy 7/10 electricity and work over night or during supplier determined hours throughout the night and day. These charge the thermal bricks which release heat during the day. It is viable to have a storage heater as an additional heating option or as the only way of heating.
We install various Valor and Malacrino electric fire suites (hearth, surround and fire complete). We provide a service that goes from initial survey and customer choice through to installation and customer satisfaction forms. These are fitted to our usual high standard predominantly in social housing.
A shower will provide you with warm water for a pleasant shower experience. Using a shower is not only quick and easy but also saves on water bills and electricity.
Extra Sockets and Lights…
Do you need an extra socket? Are you overwhelmed with extension leads all over your floor? The solution is very simple – installation of additional sockets. The same applies to lights such as loft lighting, garage lights or shed lights.
Electrical Repairs & Maintenance…
It is paramount that all your Electrical appliances and installations are tested and maintained. Commercial and industrial environments especially require electrical certification as to the condition of the wiring.